The Alder Centre provides:
- Bereavement Care Services
- Counselling – one to one, couple or family
- Support Groups for those affected by the loss of a child
- Volunteer Befriending, offered by bereaved parents
- The Child Death Helpline, staffed by volunteers and run in conjunction with Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Therapeutic Family Breaks
The loss of your child is possibly one of the worst things that can happen to you. No-one will be able to tell you exactly how it feels, as everyone acts and feels differently. There is no right or wrong way to grieve.
The experience of grief involves a range of feelings of numbness, disbelief, anger, guilt, sadness, emptiness, relief and denial. Many feelings may be so mixed up that you wonder if you are going mad or will ever be able to enjoy life again. This is a perfectly normal reaction to the range of emotions involved.