Arthritis Care is a UK wide charity that exists to support people with all types of Arthritis. Arthritis Care is a user led organisation – therefore people with Arthritis form our membership, involved in all our activities and the direct work we do. We provide a range of services aiming to give people the confidence and support to take control of their Arthritis and lead a fulfilling life.
- Helpline – the Free Helpline is staffed Monday to Friday, 10am until 4pm by trained counsellors, who can work with people in distress due to their condition, however that makes up a small percentage of their work. They answer questions about self management, exercise, vacations etc. Please contact the Helpline on 0808 800 40 50.
- Website – www.arthritiscare.org.uk contains a wealth of online information including Arthritis Care Discussion Forum. Check our our Facebook Page – Arthritis Care Wales.
- Information and Publications – Devised with and for people with Arthritis. Free booklets and factsheets offer information on a broad range of subjects. All are downloadable from the website or through phoning the Helpline.
- Branches and Groups – volunteers run local Arthritis Care branches and groups for people to find support and encouragement, as well as a range of talks and presentations including exercise taster sessions. Fundraise and raise awareness, information days, concerts etc.
- Talks and Presentations – to raise awareness through providing talks and presentations to community groups and health professionals.
- CP Courses – 2 half-day courses for adults which provides people with easy skills and techniques to manage their chronic pain and regain control of their life. These are free to attend.
- Champions Project – trained volunteers with Arthritis who provide information and awareness of self-management techniques whilst also signposting to other services.
- North Wales Chronic Youths – group for young people in North Wales. Please contact the following for dates and times: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arthritis Care has achieved The Information Standard, so all of its information is clear, accurate, balanced, evidence based and up-to-date.