BAWSO is an All-Wales accredited support provider delivering quality services to Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities who are on the margins.Specialist and holistic support is provided to people with complex needs through refuge, floating support, outreach and resettlement and interpretation services. BAWSO also provides support to people who have been trafficked, experiencing or at risk of forced marriage and Female Genital Mutilation.
- To provide culturally sensitive temporary and secure accommodation for women and children from BME backgrounds inWales that are victims or at risk of domestic abuse.
- To provide practical help and support to empower BME people to become more independent.
- To create an environment where people feel empathy, can communicate and develop their self esteem.
- To inform and educate the community, the voluntary and statutory sector in Wales, of the rights and needs of men, women and children from minority ethnic backgrounds.
- To actively promote the involvement of service users in all project activities regardless of their age, race, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation, disability, social or economical condition.
- To provide in depth knowledge and learning of issues affecting BME communities inWales in order to inform future policy making and development.