Care & Repair North East Wales (formerly known as Flintshire Care & Repair) covers both Wrexham and Flintshire.
Does your home need a repair or adaptation? Can we help?
- We assist older people over the age of 60 and disabled adults by providing advice and practical assistance with regards to repairs, renovations, maintenance and adaptations to their homes, enabling them to live independently in a safe, warm and secure home.
- This is achieved by a committed team of staff that provides free advice on housing repair solutions, home maintenance, security, heating, energy efficiency and possible sources of funding for completing work.
- Technical expertise is given on all aspects of building works including the selection of suitable builders, effective tendering to compare prices and the monitoring of works whilst on site.
- The agency maintains a register of reliable contractors and consultants for ordering work, and referring to clients. Flintshire Care & Repair strives to support the local economy, where possible.
- We have a handy person service and small repair service. Please ring to see if we can help.
We are able to assist with making benefit claims and filling out forms. Debt advice is signposted to relevant agencies.
Winter Specific Service Provision:
We are able to help older people to clear snow during bad weather conditions, provide temporary heaters and Winter Warm packs, draught proofing and energy efficiency measures, thermometers, crisis support relating to heating issues, fuel debt advice and grant applications, tariff advice, support to claim Warm Home Discount Scheme (£135 approximately) and delivering food from Food Banks in emergency situations.