- Provide FREE housing advice service to anyone threatened with homelessness.
- Provide a range of affordable housing solutions including access to social, private sector, affordable housing and supported accommodation.
- Provide mediation in order to prevent homelessness from occurring.
- Provide low level housing support to assist customers in sustaining their current accommodation.
- Provide specialist money advice to anyone who is threatened with homelessness due to financial problems.
The Housing Act (Wales) 2014, which will be implemented on the 27 April 2015 places a duty on local authorities to prevent homelessness. A range of advice and assistance will be provided which is aimed to assist the customer to remain in their current accommodation or helped to secure alternative housing which is suitable and affordable. This new legislation takes into account all housing including the use of housing in the private sector.