Llamau (pronounced Lamb – eye) provides accommodation, support and advice that is so crucial in times of crisis. Llamau is Wales’ leading homeless charity, working with homeless and potentially homeless young people and vulnerable women across Wales.
An established charity with head offices in Cardiff but projects across Wales, Llamau has been working for over 26 years, to support, help, accommodation and housing advice to homeless and vulnerable young people and women in Wales.
Through our services we:
- Seek to resolve any immediate homelessness.
- Define the problems that have resulted in homelessness.
- Re-establish positive family contact, where appropriate.
- Work to re-integrate young people with their families, where appropriate.
- Support our service users to develop living skills and become independent.
- Ensure people are receiving the statutory service support and financial assistance they are entitled to.
- Encourage and motivate people to take up education and training (for those not ready for mainstream training we offer our own unique Learning 4 Life service).