General Service Provision:
Free Home Fire Safety Checks – the visit is arranged for a time which is convenient to you. During the visit we will:
- Supply and install smoke alarms in your home, or ensure that existing alarms are in working order;
- Advise on how to prevent fires and accidents in the home, and what you should do to make your home safer;
- Help to make an escape plan, to assist you with safely making your way out of the property in the event of a fire; and
- We also provide specialised equipment for deaf and hard of hearing people (free of charge).
Winter Specific Service Provision:
NWFRS provides both general fire safety advice and (where relevant) advice specific to the client’s circumstances in relation to the following:
- Weekly check of detectors routine;
- Formulating an escape plan;
- Adopting a night time routine;
- Chip pans and cooking;
- Open Fires;
- Portable Heaters and Electric Blankets; and
- Electric and Gas Hazards.
Double and single fleece under blankets are issued to individuals who require them. This will be identified in the Free Home Fire Safety Check.
To book a Free Home Fire Safety Check call Freephone: 0800 169 12 34 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nwales-fireservice.org.uk. If you have an urgent referral please contact: North Wales Fire and Rescue Control Room on 01931 522 006.