The NEW Well-being Network brings together third sector organisations (local, regional and national) operating in Flintshire and Wrexham who have an interest in health, social care and wellbeing. The Network is also open to statutory partners and is free to join.
Dates for 2020:
Network meetings will take place virtually until such time as the COVID19 restrictions are lifted. Invites will be sent via the North East Wales Wellbeing Network e-bulletins.
9th July, 9:30am-12:30pm – Alyn Waters, Gwersyllt, Wrexham Cancelled due to COVID19 restrictions Theme: Outdoors and Nature for Well-being Examining the benefits of outdoors and nature for health and wellbeing. A fun meeting with opportunities to try out different outdoor activities and network with other organisations.
10th September, 9:30am-12:30pm – Grosvenor Hall, Grosvenor Street, Mold
Advice on shaping funding applications and finding out about different funding streams. Presentation on the new All Wales Safeguarding Procedures and the importance of safeguarding when applying for funding.
12th November, 9:30am-12:30pm – Venue TBC
Theme: Network, Network, Network!
A meeting where you take the lead! Opportunity for each organisation to share what they do followed by lots of networking opportunities.
If you would like to present your service or project at a network event, please contact email@example.com.
Notes and presentations from previous network meetings can be found in the Wellbeing blog.
The aims of the network are to:
- Bring together third sector organisations to present a collective voice
- Motivate, inspire, include and build trust among third sector organisations
- Share information and good practice ideas with other third sector organisations
- Influence the development of health, social care and wellbeing activities and services in North East Wales
- Ensure the third sector is an equal partner in the delivery of integrated health, social care and wellbeing activities and services in North East Wales
Benefits for network members include:
- Receive e-bulletins giving regular news on funding opportunities, training, conferences, good practice and consultations on policy and strategy
- Network members are invited to attend bimonthly meetings to discuss current and relevant issues and develop actions to address health and social care priorities; and a chance to network with other third sector organisations and the statutory sector
- Opportunities to promote their services and activities to the Network and their service users
- Have the opportunity to engage in responses to consultations relating to health, social care and wellbeing
The NEW Wellbeing Network is organised by the NEW Wellbeing Team in FLVC and AVOW. Contact Karen Peters for further information or to join the network: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01352 744015.