The NEW Well-being Network brings together third sector organisations (local, regional and national) operating in Flintshire and Wrexham who have an interest in health, social care and wellbeing. The Network is also open to statutory partners and is free to join.
Dates for 2020:
Network meetings will take place virtually until such time as the COVID19 restrictions are lifted. Invites will be sent via the North East Wales Wellbeing Network e-bulletins.
12th November, 10am-12pm – Virtual
Theme: Network, Network, Network!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would like to join and if you are happy for us to circulate your name, email and job title to members of the meeting after to enable links to be made. WHEN BOOKING PLEASE INDICATE YOUR 2 BREAKOUT ROOM PREFERENCES.
During this difficult time we want to try and help organisations stay in touch with each other. This is your network to make links, share information and address concerns in the Health and Wellbeing third sector. This month is all about networking! We will be giving you opportunities to learn about each other’s projects and organisations as well as discuss key issues and challenges in the sector.
10 am – Introductions
10.10am – Jacob Kendall – Gambling Support Service and the EU Settlement Scheme project, Citizens Advice Denbighshire.
10.20am – Maria Heron – Age Connects
10.30am – Breakout Rooms: Themes – these rooms will enable small group discussion on the following themes (please pick one room)
- Carers and Older People
- Youth Homelessness
- Mental Health
- Covid Conversation
- Partnerships with statutory services
- Working in and with communities
11am – Break – think about themes for next year jamboard/whiteboard
11.10am – Themes for next year
11.20am – BCUHB Update
11.30am – Breakout Rooms: Good practice – these rooms will enable small groups to share good practice on the following topics (please pick one room)
- Staff Wellbeing
- Fun and interactive online engagement
- Risk assessing and return to the workplace
- Keeping in touch and reaching out to service users
- Retaining volunteers and trustees
11.55am – Close and thanks
We want these meetings to work for you. If there is anything we can do to make the meetings more accessible please let us know.
We will use the Zoom platform to host the meeting, to access click the link below 5 or 10 minutes before the meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 833 3098 4698
If you would like to present your service or project at a network event, please contact email@example.com.
Notes and presentations from previous network meetings can be found in the Wellbeing blog.
The aims of the network are to:
- Bring together third sector organisations to present a collective voice
- Motivate, inspire, include and build trust among third sector organisations
- Share information and good practice ideas with other third sector organisations
- Influence the development of health, social care and wellbeing activities and services in North East Wales
- Ensure the third sector is an equal partner in the delivery of integrated health, social care and wellbeing activities and services in North East Wales
Benefits for network members include:
- Receive e-bulletins giving regular news on funding opportunities, training, conferences, good practice and consultations on policy and strategy
- Network members are invited to attend bimonthly meetings to discuss current and relevant issues and develop actions to address health and social care priorities; and a chance to network with other third sector organisations and the statutory sector
- Opportunities to promote their services and activities to the Network and their service users
- Have the opportunity to engage in responses to consultations relating to health, social care and wellbeing
The NEW Wellbeing Network is organised by the NEW Wellbeing Team in FLVC and AVOW. Contact Karen Peters for further information or to join the network: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01352 744015.