Could you make a difference?
Our Freephone helpline provides information and advocacy to young people across Wales who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
• Flexible/Home based, responding to incoming helpline calls
• Listen to young people in a non-judgmental and empathetic way
• Provide tailored information, signpost/refer to appropriate services, offer advocacy when appropriate
• Maintain confidentiality at all times whilst also considering safeguarding Issues
• Friendly and approachable
• Able to communicate clearly
• Reliable, trustworthy and honest
• Open-minded and non-judgemental
• Have basic IT skills and access to email
We provide: Full training, ongoing support, expenses, access to additional training, opportunity to gain valuable experience.
Volunteers will be asked to participate in a short informal interview (a coffee and a chat), complete an application form, participate in relevant training, provide two references and complete a DBS check.
Young people who experience their Mum going to prison may feel unsettled. Having someone there, helping them to maintain contact whilst Mum is away can make all the difference. That someone could be you.