Volunteers’ Week, a UK-wide and annual festival of volunteering, runs from the 1st to the 7th June, and Flintshire Volunteer Centre is inviting everyone to get involved in the celebrations.
Senior Volunteering Development Officer Debbie Long said “During the pandemic, more people have spent time volunteering, that is, giving their time, for free, to support other people, a cause, or a space, whether as part of a group or organisation, or under their own steam. Volunteers’ Week offers an opportunity to say “thank you” to existing volunteers and with every individual and third sector group that joins the celebrations, that “thank you” gets louder.”
Flintshire Volunteer Centre wants to hear from:
- Existing volunteers about their volunteering experience, why they volunteer, and the benefits it brings. We appreciate that volunteers tend not to shout about their efforts – think of it as a way to encourage others to give it a try.
- Anyone, or about any cause or space, that has felt the positive impact of volunteering. Sharing the difference a volunteer has made is a great way of saying “thank you”.
- Organisations and groups who offer volunteering opportunities, about the value added by volunteers, and the roles they fulfil.
- Companies that offer their employees opportunities to volunteer for any proportion of their normal working hours, and employees that take up the opportunities, about the rewards they enjoy from such an initiative.
- Anyone who has ever considered volunteering and wants to know where to start, including the Volunteer Centre’s Supported Volunteering Programme. We’d love you to book onto our virtual Volunteering Information and Recruitment event from 10 – 11:30am on Thursday 3rd June, via our Facebook page @FlintshireVolunteerCentre, or by emailing email@example.com.
Please share your stories with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook @FlintshireVolunterCentre, Twitter @FLVCVolCentre, or by calling 01352 744000.
Get ready to join in the celebrations by following us on social media, and, from 1st June, contribute by including #FLVCVolWeek in your posts.
Here are some bilingual suggestions for social media posts that your group or organisation may wish to use during Volunteers’ Week:
|Day 1: Volunteers Week Launch (#VolunteersWeek)||Diwrnod 1: Lansio Wythnos y Gwirfoddolwyr[MS1] (#WythnosyGwirfoddolwyr)|
|Let’s kick off Volunteers’ Week with a photo of our volunteers in action from [earlier in the year / last year] [INSERT IMAGE OF VOLUNTEERS] #VolunteersWeek #FLVCVolWeek||Beth am ddechrau Wythnos y Gwirfoddolwyr gyda llun o’ch gwirfoddolwyr ar waith [yn gynharach eleni / y llynedd] [RHOWCH EICH LLUN EICH HUN] #FLVCWythnosyGwirfoddolwyr|
|Today marks the start of Volunteers’ Week, here is a message from [INSERT NAME AND MESSAGE FROM A SOMEONE YOUR VOLUNTEERS VALUE] #VolunteersWeek #FLVCVolWeek||Heddiw yw diwrnod cyntaf Wythnos y Gwirfoddolwyr. Dyma neges gan [RHWOCH ENW A NEGES GAN RYWUN Y MAE EICH GWIRFODDOLWYR YN EI WERTHFAWROGI] #FLVCWythnosyGwirfoddolwyr|
|Day 2: Youth Volunteering (#PowerofYouth)||Diwrnod 2: Gwirfoddolwyr Ifanc (#PŵerIeuenctid)|
Young people of Wales have demonstrated the #PowerofYouth in our organisation. Thank you. [INSERT OWN MESSAGE OR IMAGE OF THANKS] #PowerofYouth #VolunteersWeek #FLVCVolWeek
|Mae pobl ifanc Cymru wedi dangos #GrymIeuenctid yn ein mudiad ni. Diolch. [RHOWCH EICH NEGES O DDIOLCH/LLUN EICH HUN] #PŵerIeuenctid #WythnosyGwirfoddolwyr #FLVCWythnosyGwirfoddolwyr|
Day 4: Looking back, moving forwards
Diwrnod 4: Edrych yn ôl, symud ymlaen
|Here is one of our volunteers sharing why they volunteer with us. [INSERT MESSAGE FROM A VOLUNTEER] #VolunteersWeek #FLVCVolWeek|
Dyma un o’n gwirfoddolwyr ni’n rhannu pam mae’n gwirfoddoli gyda ni. [RHOWCH NEGES GAN WIRFODDOLWR] #FLVCWythnosyGwirfoddolwyr
|Day 5: Environment and conservation (#WorldEnvironmentDay)|
Diwrnod 5: Yr Amgylchedd a chadwraeth (#DiwrnodAmgylcheddyByd)
|Volunteering is great for the planet. Look what our volunteers have been up this year [INSERT IMAGE OR FILM OF ENVIRONMENTAL VOLUNTEERING] #VolunteersWeek #FLVCVolWeek|
Mae gwirfoddoli’n gwneud lles i’r blaned. Edrychwch ar beth mae ein gwirfoddolwyr ni wedi bod yn ei wneud eleni [RHWOCH LUN/FFILM O WIRFODDOLI AMGYLCHEDDOL] #FLVCWythnosyGwirfoddolwyr
|Day 7: Viewing Volunteers’ Week 2021 (#VolunteersWeek)|
Diwrnod 7: Cipolwg ar Wythnos y Gwirfoddolwyr 2021 (#WythnosyGwirfoddolwyr)
This is what we did to say ‘THANK YOU’ to our volunteers this week.[INSERT OWN MESSAGE OR IMAGE]
Dyma beth wnaethom ni i ddweud ‘DIOLCH’ wrth ein gwirfoddolwyr yr wythnos hon.
[RHOWCH EICH NEGES/LLUN EICH HUN]