A free and bilingual telephone drugs helpline providing a single point of contact for anyone in Wales wanting further information or help relating to drugs or alcohol.
DAN 24/7 is a free and confidential helpline. Calls from public telephone boxes are free of charge; calls from a mobile phone may incur a charge from your network provider.
DAN 24/7 telephone number will NOT appear on your home itemised bill.
The helpline will assist individuals, their families, carers, and support workers within the drug and alcohol field to access appropriate local and regional services. You can also text ‘DAN’ to 81066.
Services Available Include:
- Initial assessment to establish an individual’s needs.
- Referral to local and regional drug and alcohol services.
- Information on drugs and alcohol, and their effects.
- Information and contact details for local GPs, needle exchanges, dentists and other associated health services.
- Information on other suitable helplines.
- A wide range of brief interventions including motivational interviewing, harm reduction and overdose management.