OWL – Online Watch Link Communication System – the provision of information about the campaign which will target either specific groups or a wide network to people. The system has FCC Care Managers/staff, nursing and care homes, as well as care service providers. The system was put in place in July 2013 through Neil Ayling. email@example.com
The Association offers targeted support to older and vulnerable residents in 64 No Cold Calling Zones in Flintshire. firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoting a Good Neighbour approach as in previous campaigns to encourage people to check on older/vulnerable neighbours during periods of bad weather. email@example.com
The 50+ Forum Development Project is funded via the Older People’s Strategy. Ella.Jackson@fnwa.org.uk
Winter Specific Service Provision:
The Association offers the following during adverse weather conditions:
- A mechanism to deliver key campaign or emergency messages relating to Keeping Well this Winter (as provided in the previous KWTW campaigns). A method that has been used previously to appeal for and engage volunteers/drivers in severe weather conditions, i.e. snow/hospital.
- Support network telephone calls.
- Healthcheck on schemes.
- Home assessments carried out for equipment and Home Fire Safety checks.
- Good neighbour approach directed by neighbourhoods that has enabled fast-track of services if required during severe and bad weather conditions and targeting isolation/vulnerability.
- 50+ Forum enables the distribution of the campaign resources and information to older people’s forums, and groups throughout Flintshire, and effective signposting.