The main Voluntary Services Emergency Fund (VSEF) is funded by Welsh Government to support vulnerable people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. The VSEF model has been used to disseminate this Comic Relief funding. This VSEF grant is funded by Comic Relief from monies raised from the Big Night In. This grassroots funding aims to reach the community groups leading change and growth in their locality; enabling them to make positive changes in response to the specific needs of the community.
Applicants will need to demonstrate that they are working in line with one or more of Comic Relief’s Strategic Themes:
- Children Survive and Thrive: Actions to give children the best start in life and access to opportunities to achieve their potential
- Gender Justice: Actions to improve equality for women and girls
- A Safer Place to Be: Actions to help vulnerable people to improve their circumstances and safety
- Mental Health Matters: Actions to enable access to support and increase awareness
Apply now for a grant of up to £2,000
Projects must be completed by March 2021
More information about the four strategic themes of Comic Relief is available on their website.
To discuss your ideas, or if you require assistance with your application please contact Heather Hicks email@example.com 01352 744004
Flintshire Community Chest
Round three – 11th December 2020.
Round four – 5th March 2021.
Flintshire Community Chest Grants are available to support community activity. Applications are now being accepted from organisations benefiting people from Flintshire for a grant of up to £ 1000. The aim of the grant is to support one off initiatives such as:
• Minor capital projects for example, building repairs and updating internal fixtures and fittings.
• Community events
• Equipment but not consumables*
• Feasibility studies
• Publicity / marketing
• Training and awareness events/courses
• Responding to national, regional or local emergency situations
• Recovery from a national , regional or local emergency situation
Grants will only cover 75% of the total cost, so match funding is essential.
Please note, the maximum of £ 1,000 can only be awarded once in a 3 year period. Successful applicants must wait 12 months before reapplying.
For more information or to request an application form, please contact: Heather Hicks on Tel: 01352 744004, or email: Heather.Hicks@flvc.org.uk