If you are thinking about or planning to set up a new voluntary or community group then FLVC will be able to help you. Whether it’s a community association, a youth group, environmental group or other, you will need to consider the following questions:
- Is there a need or support for your idea?
- Does a similar group already exist?
- What type of governing document (constitution) will you need?
- Do you need/want to register as a charity?
- Will you need to apply for funding?
- Will you need to recruit volunteers?
It can seem a bit daunting but FLVC can help you to deal with all of these questions. We can guide you through the maze of regulations and help you to reach your goal.
Whether your group or organisation is large or small, is a registered charity or not, employs staff or relies totally on volunteers you will need to manage it well and try to make sure it delivers its services and activities effectively while complying with current legislation and regulation. FLVC can help with the following:
- Developing new policies and procedures
- Reviewing and updating your governing document (constitution)
- Creating a business plan
- Applying for funding
- Recruiting trustees or committee members
- Training trustees or committee members
- Managing the finances
- Providing payroll
- Recruiting and managing staff and volunteers
- Promoting your activities and services